Minimally Invasive Surgeries
What are Minimally Invasive Surgeries (MIS)?
- These are the ones performed with minimal trauma to normal tissues.
- MIS can be applied for both Diagnostic and Therapeutic intent.
What are advantages of MIS?
- Minimal Pain
- Minimal Tissue trauma
- Small Scar (Often less than 10 mm in dimension)
- Early Recovery
- Day Care Procedure (Early return to home and activities)
- Easy Reproducibility
- Use of Advanced Imaging for Millimeter Precision
Examples of MIS
- Core Needle Biopsy
- Percutaneous Decompression OR Curopsy
- Percutaneous Sclerotherapy
- Percutaneous Image Guided Drilling of Bone Lesion
- Percutaneous CT Guided Radiofrequency Ablation
- Percutaneous Cementoplasty
Indications for MIS
- Diagnosis of Bone- Soft Tissue Tumours & Bone Metastases
- Treatment of following Musculoskeletal Oncology Disorders
- Osteoid Osteoma
- Chondroblastoma (Not more than 2cc in Size)
- Aneurysmal Bone Cyst
- Simple/Unicameral Bone Cyst
- Contained Bone Metastases
For More Information CONTACT US